Page last updated: August 1, 2020
Want to get started using Ethereum? There are hundreds of decentralized applications (dapps) built on Ethereum that you can use today.
Applications built on Ethereum (dapps) can do things regular apps can't:
- Create new kinds of money and digital assets
- Web apps that are unstoppable and uncensorable
- Build decentralized organizations, property, or virtual worlds that are governed collectively
Dapps on Ethereum are web applications backed by Ethereum smart contracts. Instead of using a centralized server or database, these applications rely on the blockchain as a backend for program logic and storage. This leads to potentially unstoppable applications: anyone can deploy a copy of the frontend, and freely connect it to the public Ethereum network.
The best way to get started with Ethereum is to jump right in!
Here are just a few apps built on Ethereum - we rotate this list frequently!
Interested in looking at more applications built on Ethereum?
- Built on Ethereum Updated often - EthHub
- 90+ Ethereum Apps You Can Use Right Now April 24, 2019 - ConsenSys
- Ethereum Dapps Updated often - State of the Dapps
- Ethereum DeFi Ecosystem Updated often - Defiprime
- DeFi Pulse Analytics + rankings of DeFi protocols - Defi Pulse
Some Ethereum applications require a wallet - learn about Ethereum wallets here.
Some Ethereum applications will require ETH - learn about ETH and how to get it here.
Page content provided in part from Building a Dapp by OpenZeppelin